This tutorial shows you how to set up Android devices to sync email, calendar and contacts with Zimbra Collaboration Server using the Active Sync protocol.
Before getting started
- Check that your email administrator has enabled this feature otherwise you won’t be able to complete the set-up.
- Make a note of your username (your email address), password and Server name as you will need them when following this guide. These details were provided to you when you signed up for the service – please contact your administrator if you do not have them.
Set-up your Android device to work with Zimbra:
NB these instructions assume Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) and greater
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the ‘cog‘ icon
- If you are running Android 7.1 you’ll need to tap “Cloud and Accounts” and then tap ‘Accounts’. Otherwise simply scroll down the settings menu and tap ‘Accounts‘
- Tap ‘Add Account’
- Tap Microsoft Exchange Active Sync
- Enter your email address and Password
- If it fails to auto detect settings you’ll be asked to provide more details. Enter your full email address. In the ‘Domain\username‘ field enter your email address in the format ‘yourdomain\bob‘ – e.g firstname.lastname@example.org would enter ‘example.co.uk\anne.smith’. In the Exchange server field enter mail.zensystems.co.uk . Select ‘Use secure connection (SSL)‘
- Press “Sign In” or “Next” and your settings will be verified. If all settings are OK your account will appear in your phones “Accounts” list.