Setting Up Zimbra on your iPhone:
First click on the “Settings” icon (the gears) and scroll down and select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.” On the next screen you will see and select “Add Account.” Choose “Microsoft Exchange” (Apple chose the wrong label, it should be for any ActiveSync-based service).
Next you will need to enter your account information:
- Email: this is your company email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Domain: leave this blank
- Username: this is the Zimbra username of your account; the same one you use to log in to the Zimbra Web Client (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: this is your Zimbra password (the same one used for logging into Zimbra online through your browser)
- Description: a friendly name of your choice
Once you have entered the above information click Next in the top right hand corner. After your settings are verified, on the next screen you will see a new “Server” option appear, and you need to enter the server address below:
- Server: mail.zensystems.co.uk
Once you have successfully set up your account, you should begin to see mail folders contacts and your calendar(s) appear on the device. After, you may choose to edit either global or account-specific settings.
Global settings available affect all your email accounts and is located in Settings / Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Here you can set usability controls such as number of messages, previews, font size and more.
Within this screen you may also select your Zimbra Account and then select “Account Info” to adjust whether you want any of the syncing options changed, how many days of email and which folders you want pushed.